I am off most Tuesdays. Now that just means that I am not teaching fitness classes or personal training, but I am working all day long! It may be planning out my clients workouts or answering checkins. I will probably be doing plenty of house work as well!!
I also will usually workout from home as well! I don’t want to waste time driving, that I could be using to knock things out that need done!!
I am lucky in that we have a lot of fitness equipment here at the house but, you really don’t need that much equipment and certainly nothing fancy to get in a fabulous workout!
In order to get a fabulous workout from home you need just a few items!
- Some Adjustable Weights– these are often available at Walmart or Target for a reasonable price or FB Marketplace or just a couple different weight dumbbells!
- A Set of Exercise bands- I prefer the ones with handles but most any will do . Also varying strengths are good to have
- A Kettlebell or two- Again you can pick these up at a Walmart or Target, but I have seen several on FB Marketplace for very reasonable prices!
- A Stability Ball- there is SO much you can do with a stability ball! Ab workouts, use it as a bench, bounce on it. They are also fairly inexpensive!
- A cute workout partner to keep you company and cheer you on-unless they are passed out!
We have all of those above and a weight machine, that allows me to add plates to adjust the weight.
I did an upper body workout today!
- Chest Press 3×8
- Incline Chest Press 3×10
- Overhead Press 3×8
- Neutral Grip Rows 3×10
- Lateral raises 3×8
- Y Cable Raise 3×10
- Band Pull Aparts 3×10
This was a lower repetition workout as I’m doing a reloading week before I up my workout intensity for the next 3 weeks! I kept my weight medium to heavy since the reps were lower. Women tend to have less upper body strength but that doesn’t mean we can’t throw some weight around!
I had a great workout today and I am thankful I have some equipment to use! What fitness equipment do you have at your home? Do you have a cute workout partner? Do you have a favorite home workout?