There are some days you just don’t feel like going to the gym! As well as there are days you just don’t feel like running or walking on a treadmill!
As the weather turns nice, I start to look outside to get some of my cardio in!
I get bored easy so I’m changing up my cardio workouts all the time!
Today we’re going to discuss how to set up a Cardio Circuit Workout at home just using things that you have around the house!￼￼
Gather Some Things…Take a look around your house.
Look for the following items:
-a ball(could be a medicine ball, child’s bouncy ball or even a basketball)
-jump rope(even a piece of heavier rope at least as tall as you!).
– 2 full water jugs
-2 Pop bottles
– any weights you may have
-mat, blanket, thick towel
Gather all these things into one general area! The area should be big enough for you to move around in and not bump into walls or furniture! If it’s a nice day, head outside!!
Cardio Circuit One:
Make sure that you take some time to warm up so you might go walk around the block, walk up and down your steps, jog in place, step touch and maybe some wall push-ups! Do you this for at least five minutes!
Now you can set a timer on your phone or you can download a free Interval Timer!
We’re going to do each exercise for 30 seconds at your high speed and then recover(walk, step touch) for a minute!
This is a great beginner interval!
1. Step(or run)up and down on your step for 30 seconds￼–walk around 1 min recover
2. Take your two pop bottles and put them about 30 feet apart. Run/ speed walk back-and-forth in between these two bottles for 30 seconds￼. Then recover for one minute.
3.Take your full water jugs and squat up and down for 30 seconds. Recover.
4. Get your jump rope, and jump rope for 30 seconds. Recover
5. Take your two pop bottles and put them about 3 feet apart. Lateral jump or step touch using the bottles as a guide for 30 seconds. Recover
4. ￼￼￼￼￼ Grab your ball, that you gathered and take a wide stance with your feet, bend your knees and bounce the ball up and down, up and down- almost crunching your abs at the same time￼. Do this for 30 seconds and then recover￼
5. Take your mat, blanket or towel fold it up and place it on the floor and do a plank for 30 seconds.
Repeat this circuit as many times as possible for 20 minutes – not including the warm-up! ￼￼￼
Cardio Circuit Two-
Again warm up for five minutes. And make sure you have all of your items that you need. This cardio circuit is better done outside!￼
1. Take your chalk and draw a hopscotch pattern. Perform hopscotch up and back for at least 30 seconds. Recover
2. Play the jump rope in a straight line. Now pogo stick jump from side to side over the jump rope! Do this for 30 seconds and then recover.
3. Mark off about a 30 foot section, grab your water jugs and then proceed to carry them over her head back-and-forth between the 30 feet marks for 30 seconds go as fast as you can. Recover
4. Grab your mat, blanket or towel and perform push-ups for 30 seconds. Recover
5. Take your 2 Pop Bottles place them about 3 to 4 feet apart and run a figure 8 pattern around them. Do this for 30 seconds as fast as you can. Recover￼￼
6. Use your step and jump up-and-down on the step for 30 seconds. You can also step up step down if jumping is too hard. Recover
Again do this circuit one through six for 20 minutes not counting the warm up!￼
Cool It Down-
￼￼After you’ve done your circuits, take the time to walk around and get your heart rate down.
Then perform some easy stretches.
My favorites are￼:
-Seated Figure 4 stretch
-Stationary Lunges for the hip flexors
How about You?￼
I hope you will take the time to try these circuits! Cardio exercise does not have to be boring and the same thing day in and day out!￼
All of these circuits are ones that you could easily include your children or your spouse in! I used to love to do these type of workouts with my kids! Of course with the boys it was always a competition!￼
Let me know if you try any of these workouts!
I would love to hear your results!
Until next time!